Saturday, October 8, 2011

Words! I Write Them!

I made the decisions a long time ago that I wouldn't turn this into a "this is how much my ex is a douche bag" kind of a journal.  I have been pretty true to this decision, once I came to it.   I have actually thought about, once again, changing journals.  I'm kind of sick of seeing "With A Side of Hugs" every time I come here.  Not because it hurts me to see it, but because, that's not my life anymore. It's seems so.. esoteric, if I may use a five dollar word.  My life is so much more now than just 'Hurt by my cheating ex."   That part of my life will always be with me, as is all our life experiences, but it's no longer the only thing about me.  I'll admit, for a long time.. it was.  When I see the title, I get a little embarrassed that I started this journal to begin with.  What I can't deny is the fact that it helped.  As always, writing saved me.

Coming up with a new title is probably the hardest part and I don't want to do it.   Seriously.   It would either be super generic like "Sandi's Musings" or something I would find funny in that moment, like  "Words! I Write Them!" or "Lame Sauce!".  Look at all those exclamation points.  I'd be STUCK WITH THOSE FOREVER.  I know my weaknesses and my best work is done on the fly and if I think about it too much, I'll fuck it up. 

Those of you who have been around since the TLOL years (Oh yeah, we're going back bitches TLOL was BEFORE  SheKnows) know how long I've been doing this, and how many times I've switched and how many times I've said I was going to move shit over, and how many times that never, ever happened.   YEARS of shit I've written, lost.  Granted, I'm no Bill Shakespeare,  I'm not even a Dooce or Finslippy, but that was a lot of shit, and it was all relevant to me and I've lost it all through the years.  It's another reason why I just kind of hang around here.  I still have that other one, and again it just sits there, and I keep saying I'm going to move some posts over, at least some of my favorite ones, like Fun Hole Thing.  I still think about fun hole thing and crack up, because if I amuse no one else, I at least amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment