Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dude Fast. Day One. Then, Other Stuff

Well, day one was easy.  Probably because no one texted or called me.  It may get stickier when that happens, if it happens.  I'll just cross that bridge when I get there.  What was nice is not worrying about why so and so hasn't called or texted, or FUCK why did so and so call or text?  It was stress free and I loved every moment of it.

Anyway, lately I have had a hard time writing.  I kind of made myself commit to try and at least write once a day.  Why?  Fuck if I know. Probably because it's the only hobby I have left in my crazy, hectic life.  Well, I still have reading, but the stuff I read is pure shit.  I mean, I'm re-reading the Percy Jackson series,and loving every moment of it.  Maybe I should clarify, writing is the only "smart" thing I've ever done.  It also keeps me balanced and sane and it gives me something to think about during the day, even though I get about a billion subjects a day I'd like to write about, then I forget.  I've been doing it for years and I enjoy it.  I guess that's why I make myself do it.   It's been my one constant, I don't want to get in the habit of NOT doing it.

The kids are doing well.  Both are doing well in school and seem to be happy for the most part.  Aislinn is definitely turning into a teenager.  She spends a ton of time in her room with her ear buds jammed in her ears acting anti social and angsty.  It's cool.  I get it.  I was the same way.  Was?  No, actually I AM the same way.  Jonathan is in desperate need of some male exposure.  I'm starting to worry.  I think it's great that he loves Lady Gaga and stuff, but it's kind of freaking me out.  I'm actually going to introduce him to the wonderful world of wrestling on Monday.  Just to expose him to some testosterone.  He has had some exposure to manly things, he wants to be John Cena for Halloween, which is what gave me the idea of letting him watching wrestling. 

Everything seems to be going well.  I feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment