Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peace

It has been peaceful in our house the last few days. I find myself smiling a lot, and happy to be around the kids. I'm sure school has a lot to do with it, but I think it's more than that, I think it's the calm of it just being us three and the dogs. When Ex was living with us, there was always a bit of chaos because of his work schedule and we argued quite a bit. He was often unhappy and diconnected and that caused a lot of problems for the rest of us.

Life is simpler. I don't know why, but it is. You'd think that if I had another adult to help around here, it would be easier that way. Really, it's not. I don't know if it had been a good marriage if it would have been easier with two instead of one. With just me here there are no more expectations for help. If things need to get done, I have only me to do them. No more pissiness walking around getting mad that I'm the only one doing dishes, doing laundry, doing this and that. Maybe those were unrealistic expectations to have of him since I am a stay at home mom. Who knows? All I know is that I never really felt like I had a partner, just one other person to clean up after. He came home from work, and he was done for the evening. All I asked from him was to take out the trash, give the kids a bath and then put them to bed. Those were things we discussed he would do at night. Every night this was an issue. We argued about them every night. He'd put them to bed an hour late, even with constant reminders. He'd sigh when I said it was bathtime. It was obvious he wasn't into being a member of this family. It weighed on all of us. That weight is now gone.

School seems to be going well for the kids, even though it's only been day two. Aislinn seems to have a very positive attitude about her teacher which is a blessing. Jonny seems to think the first grade is going to be more fun than kindgergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment