Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reboot

Wow, you know the last week has really been a negative one for me, and I don't mean negative as in, bad stuff happened to me, I mean I have been really negative. I try really hard not to be, and I think sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you get into that downward black spiral.

Today though, I feel better, more positive. It's amazing how things can change in your head and your heart in just a matter of hours really. Last night I just completely vegged out and I think that really helped. I played a game on my laptop, just a silly, fun mindless game, the kind I love so much, and I didn't think about ANYTHING. NOTHING. It was like rebooting my brain or something. I guess I starved all my negative thoughts. I'll try to remeber that next time.

Now, something I've been wanting to talk about is my job. I can right now because I still love it. If I stop talking about it, it's because maybe I'm not loving it so much, and I don't want to get "dooced" if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'm working for a credit union that serves the postal employees. My dad is a postal employee and has used them forever. The only one used to be at the main post office downtown, and over the years they opened up in surrounding areas.

This may sound premature, but I think I'm going to spend many years with this company. I never thought that with any of my other jobs. This one feels right. Like this is it. I love the people, I find the work fascinating. It's like the perfect mix of having to use my brain and focusing on customer service, which I really do love.

Friday, we got to go home from training early because our instructor was ill. I ran a few errands and decided to go and visit the branch I'll be working out of. It's inside a bigger building in a big industrial area, so I wanted to make sure I knew exactly where it was before I started there. I walked in and the branch manager who I had met once, jumped up and gave me a big hug, and was so happy to see me. She is the kind of woman you want to work with/for when you meet her. She is such a warm and wonderful woman. She kept saying she had a great feeling about me, that I'm going to do well. How can you not be excited about that you know?

Right now I'm training with a guy who worked as a teller for 2 years at a different place. So far, I've been able to hold my own and that's kind of cool.

It just goes back to everythign happens for a reason. Maybe at first, it will be hard because I won't be making that much money, but through time, maybe I'll move away from the teller line and onto something greater?

No comments:

Post a Comment