Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Big D and I Don't Mean Dallas

I will officially be divorced in like TWO WEEKS!!

Yes, finally!  Today we went to court for a settlement hearing and we were able to get all the details smoothed out without a hearing.  We started at the courthouse, but decided that it would be better to finish up and sign affidavits at his lawyer's office in the city.  We came to a decent settlement and I'm pretty happy.  I'm sure he's not, since he has to pay, but I feel nothing but relief because it has been so hard for us for the last nine months. 

Those nine months were needed though.  I needed them to set my priorities straight.  I needed them to see I could make things happen with nothing.  The kids needed them to rid them of their sense of entitlement.  It took us awhile, but we finally got comfortable being in a "tight spot" and we all handled it well.  I'm proud of us.  Now, my kids get excited when we eat out for dinner when before they expected it.  Now, they're happy when we rent a movie instead of expecting to go to the theater.  We simplified and are happier for it.


I just can't even express how happy I am to have this whole thing almost over.  I didn't cry once.  I got a little teary twice, but not a tear did I drop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment