Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Embrace the Journey

Ah what can I say that hasn't already been said before? Oh wait! Yes, new!! I totally forgot!

I got divorce papers in the mail the other day.

See how easily I forget about them? They're in my car, just THERE. Again, I was expecting some big emotional blow out on my part. Oh, I was mad at his proposed paltry sum he offered. I was SPITTING mad to tell the truth, but in true "new" Sandi fashion he got two texts. Just two. No phone call, no constant stream of insults via text (Although, I did insult, just not with a constant stream, I mean I'm only human). I voiced my disgust and my shock at what he felt was acceptable. Come to find out that the lawyers sent the wrong papers. The discussion we had last week I think, where I explained to him the amount I needed to survive, he took it to heart and had them add more. Not as much as I wanted, but it's still decent. I'll still check with a lawyer to be safe.

So, yeah. Divorce papers. No big emotional roller coaster. Sometimes I wonder, what in the HELL is wrong with me? Maybe, it's been a year, so I'm over it now? Maybe our marriage really was THAT bad but I was too blind to see it? How can I claim to have loved a man so much and then be over our marriage in less than a year? Am I Cylon? OMG I AM a cylon! I knew it! Can I be Boomer?

So, that's my news. As soon as I get the revised version, off to a lawyer I go. Life has been good so far, and like the bracelet I bought myself this weekend says "Embrace the Journey" Honestly, you never know where life is going to take you. Sometimes you have to go through some shitty neighborhoods, and you have to roll up the windows and protect yourself, but those times just make you appreciate the good ones.

1 comment:

  1. Sandi,

    Wonderfully written. You are so right. Sometimes we have to go through some shitty neighborhoods. Ain't that the truth.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete